I am so humbled to be the recipient of the 2014 Carolinas PGA Junior Player Development Award. The first thing I want everyone to know is that this is a shared award. I am honored to be accepting it on behalf of the iGrow team and everyone who has supported us along the way.
We truly believe that to grow the game we need to develop skilled golfers, and the best way to do this is to integrate affordable long-term player development programs at facilities around the world.
Imagine if there was a specialized junior coach with affordable long-term programming at every facility in the nation. These long-term learning environments not only would create new jobs for golf professionals, but is the best platform to develop skilled junior golfers!
We are very excited that by April 2015, iGrow’s Operation 36 Junior Development Platform will be integrated at 10 facilities across the nation! This has been our mission since 2009 and as it is beginning to transpire, we cannot thank everyone enough who has helped along the way.
I thank God every day for allowing me to find my passion in life and for surrounding me with an amazing group of people. The only bummer about winning this award was to learn that I get only 3 minutes to thank everyone at the awards ceremony! So I decided to write this post to ensure no one was left out. Please take a minute and see those who have helped us along the way. Thank again to everyone who has supported us and believes in iGrow’s mission.
My Wife Kelsey
Kelsey, I thank God everyday for you. You have the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met, and you always put others first. You are the drive behind everything I do and are also very patient with me I don’t know how you do it, and I don’t say it enough, but I cannot thank you enough for all your love and support. I love you so much.
My Northern Family
Mom and Dad, Brothers, Sisters, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins – Thank you so much for all your support over the years. Your kind words keep the drive alive and even though I have moved south, your support makes it feel like I am home. Thanks for everything you do.
My Southern Family
Becky and Dave, Will, Cliff, Emily and Reagan and the P-Springs Crew – Thank you so much for allowing a Yankee to marry into such a great family and town! You are my home away from home and I can’t thank you enough for all your support and love over the past 5 years. Looking forward to the summer and many more years to come.
The iGrow Team
Ryan & Melissa Dailey
When I started iGrow with Ryan Dailey in 2009 I knew it was going to be one of the best decisions of my life. It takes a passionate team to push iGrow’s mission forward and I could not be as happy as I am today without your support and mentoring Ryan. Ryan and his wife Melissa are such a giving family. From letting Kelsey and I stay with them for 6 months while I made the switch to iGrow full time, to our late night junior golf development sessions and trips, it has been quite a ride so far. I have learned so much from you Ryan, look up to you, and would not have chosen anyone else to share this journey with. Looking forward to the years to come!
iGrow Coaches and Junior Golf Developers
We have the best group of professionals working with us day in and day out! Our jobs are so much fun because of the people we work with. The motivation and ideas that are brought to the table day in and day out are what have formed into the programming, tools, and resources that we have today. From our Campbell volunteer and interns (Seth Thompson, Paxton Clabaugh, Corey Kinsinger), to our Junior Golf Developers, we truly have the best team pushing junior golf into the future! Thank you so much to all of you who have contributed over the years and I am very honored to be sharing this award with each and every one of you.
Campbell University Team
We would not have had a chance to develop iGrow if it not for the support and resources of the Campbell University team. Buies Creek is a very small town, but there are always big things happening! It is a special place and the iGrow team cannot thank everyone at Campbell and Keith Hills Golf Club for their help, support and feedback.
- Ken Jones – I can’t thank you enough for the continued mentorship and opportunities you have given me at Campbell and Keith Hills. You have provided iGrow with insight from a General Manager’s perspective, which has helped with the development of integrating the long-term programs. From working as your Head Professional at Keith Hills to supporting my decision to leave and pursue iGrow full time, you have provided me with the resources necessary to succeed and I cannot thank you enough Ken!
- David Orr – You have taught me more about golf instruction and growing as a coach that anyone I have met. You have always been an open book and let me watch your golf lessons. I am very grateful for the information I have learned from you and even with as busy as you are you still will take time to support our efforts at iGrow. It has been very rewarding to see your hard work and efforts paying off and I am honored to share a supporting role in your journey.
- Martha Sutton – You have always been so supportive of iGrow at Keith Hills, which made our jobs much easier as we developed the long-term programming from scratch. You have always provided some great insight from a Director of Golf’s perspective on how to make our long-term programming better. We can’t thank you enough for your ideas and making it so easy to integrate the long-term programming with Keith Hills.
- Damon Dean – Hands down the best superintendent I have ever worked with! Ryan and I cannot thank you enough for entertaining some of our ideas and being open to work with us as we developed the programs. You have always made time to answer any questions we have had and come up with solutions as we tried different activities at the facility. Thanks for being open to everything and I can’t thank you enough.
Carmel Country Club Team
In 2013 the iGrow Team partnered with the most professional team we have seen within the golf industry. Jeff Nichols, Jason Sutton, Maggie Simons, Josh Spraggins, Luke Donah, Alex van der Linden, Adam Ohsburg, and all who were involved in taking a chance on integrating iGrow’s Operation 36 Platform at Carmel we cannot thank you enough!
- Jeff Nichols and Jason Sutton, we can’t thank you enough for the kind words you have shared with others, and just being open to the idea transpiring at Carmel. You were the first team to give iGrow a shot, believe in our mission, and we will never forget that. I wanted to thank you in advance for your continued to support and mentoring in phase 2 of our journey.
- Maggie Simons, we could not have found a more passionate junior coach to join our team of Junior Golf Developers and we cannot thank you for all your hard work to make it a success. We learned so much from you, but it would have never worked without your spirit and belief in getting it to Carmel. Ryan and I are so lucky to have found you and are looking forward to making the programming better year after year!
Thank you so much to the Carolinas PGA for putting on a wonderful dinner and show. I am so honored to call myself a member of the Carolinas Section and am looking forward to sharing and growing junior golf in the Carolinas.
My Families & Junior Golfers
To all the families and junior golfers that have been a part of iGrow, we cannot thank you enough for your support and belief in our mission. None of this would have been possible without your support. I cannot thank the parents who believe in me and have let me be a part of their juniors development. It is truly an honor to be a part of your lives, and I can’t thank you enough for letting me do what I love to do day in and day out.
Coaches, Professionals, and Mentors
Finally I wanted to recognize all other coaches, mentors, and professionals who have contributed to my life and helped shape where I am today. I don’t take for granted every step I have taken along the way and those who have been a part of my life. From your lessons you have taught me, to sharing our vision for growing long-term junior development programming, I thank you all for everything you have done.
- Ryan Dailey
- David Orr
- Ken Jones
- Steve Thompson
- Martha Sutton
- Damon Dean
- Jeff Nichols
- Jason Sutton
- Maggie Simons
- Josh Spraggins
- Joellyn Crooks
- Drew Smith
- Jacob Wine
- Jon Hockaday
- Steve Edwards
- Marty Nowicki
- Miles Blundell
- Robert Todd
- Andy Meyers
- TJ Yeaton
- Andrew Kiger
- Brad Pluth
- Rod Lidenburg
- Chris Ames
- Matt Tuttle
- Greg Rose
- Dave Philips
- Mike Bennet
- Andy Plummer